Re: ceph/hadoop benchmarking

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [adding ceph-devel CC]
>
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Noah Watkins wrote:

So I'd agree that #3 should be our eventual goal, but if we want
proper Java libceph/librados bindings (and to use these in Hadoop)
there's a lot of work that needs to be done before we try and push the
Java code upstream. The current library is *not* generic and contains
a lot of Hadoop-specific application logic that will need to be pushed
back out to Java.