Re: OSD blocked for more than 120 seconds

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Martin Mailand wrote:
> Am 17.10.2011 11:40, schrieb Christian Brunner:
> > Our bugreport with RedHat didn't make any progress for a long time,
> > but last week RedHat made two sugestions:
> >
> > - If you configure ceph with 'filestore flusher = false', do you see
> > any different behavior?
> > - If you mount with -o noauto_da_alloc does it change anything?
>
> Hi,
> after a quick test I think 'filestore flusher = false' did the trick.
> What does it do?

It fixes your hang (previous email), or the subsequent fsck errors?

When filestore flusher = true (default), after every write the fd is
handed off to another thread that uses sync_file_range() to push the data
out to disk quickly before closing the file.  The purpose is to limit the
latency for the eventual snapshot or sync.  Eric suspected the handoff
between threads may be what was triggering the bug in ext4.

sage