Re: RPMs on build.opensuse.org

Hey,

The Fedora 14/15 i586 failures came up on IRC.  It looks like the
openbuild fedora environments don't have redhat-rpm-config installed, and
as a result the RPM_OPT_FLAGS are building for i386 instead of something a
bit less ancient.

For now I can hack around that in the .spec, but presumably that should be
fixed on build.opensuse.org?

Reposting the IRC conversation here for posterity:

(11:10:53 AM) danpb: Tv|work: i can't remember exactly why - its in email
threas somewhere,  but  Fedora does   -march=i386  -mtune=i686
(11:11:11 AM) Tv|work: danpb: because somebody had an early pentium
machine that they really really loved?
(11:12:08 AM) Tv|work: some googling tells me fedora switched from i386 to
i586 default in 2009:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2009-March/000378.html
(11:12:22 AM) Tv|work:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ArchitectureSupport
(11:12:40 AM) danpb: sagewk: before this line of ceph.spec.in
(11:12:40 AM) danpb:    make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)
CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
(11:13:07 AM) danpb: try doing something like
(11:13:07 AM) danpb: export RPM_OPT_FLAGS=`echo $RPM_OPT_FLAGS | sed -e
's/i386/i486/'`
(11:13:39 AM) Tv|work:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F12X86Support says i686 for F12 --
etc
(11:15:44 AM) sagewk: danpb: oh right, this section is just shell
(11:20:33 AM) danpb: Tv|work: hmm, yes, it could be the suse builders
don't have  a redhat-rpm-config installed to set the opts correctly then
(11:25:48 AM) danpb: Tv|work: sagewk  ah yes, i confirmed the machine i
had this problem on was missing  'redhat-rpm-config' package. installing
that fixes the compile flags to -march=i686 -mtune=atom

sage