Re: Debs must not contain /var/run

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> Hi. Commit a73d5 is bad. Debs must not contain /var/run; the FHS
> defines /var/run as being emptied at boot, so there is no permanent
> storage there. Any subdirectories you need there must be re-created by
> the init scripts.
>
> http://ceph.newdream.net/gitbuilder-deb-amd64/log.cgi?log=a73d53fdcb2a0734812bc3159e929dde7ae9089f

Reverted!  Looks like the ceph init script is already creating the
pid_file dir.

This came up because we were configuring radosgw's socket to be in
/var/run/ceph, but it didn't exist.  The radosgw package doesn't even have
an init script at this point, though (since it's not strictly required
that you run it that way), so whatever.  At some point we should decide
how much to encourage/streamline that mode of running it...

sage