Re: Separating clients data

2011/8/17 Tommi Virtanen <tommi.virtanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> This seems to be possible with Ceph as it is now, but it is definitely
> not the normal setup. As in, test carefully and understand you're
> going off the beaten path.

This feature combo is now in the tracker as
http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/1401

Summarizing the IRC conversation that came up after the initial email:

- MISSING functionality: nothing currently prevents customerA from
running find /customerB and seeing all the file metadata, or even
root@customerA from running rm -rf /customerB; the pool access control
only protects the file contents, and if the uids overlap, the files
are really considered to have the same owner

- there's also a concept of "auid" that may be relevant; it is used
for e.g. noting rados pool owners, and can be used in the caps to do a
bit of abstraction like 'read and write any pool with owner=my_auid',
instead of needing to list the pools explicitly