Re: Two questions

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 12:19 +0200, Sławomir Skowron wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> 2011/7/27 Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 07:58 +0200, Sławomir Skowron wrote:
> >> Hello. I have some questions.
> >>
> >> 1. Is there any chance to change default 4MB object size to for
> >> example 1MB or less ??
> >
> > If you are using the filesystem, you can change the stripe-size per
> > directory with the "cephfs" tool.
>
> Unfortunately i only use rados layer in this case, and i even don't
> have any mds :) is there any chance to change this in rados layer ??

The RADOS gateway does NOT stripe over multiple objects. If you upload a
1GB object through the RADOS gateway it will be a 1GB object.

Only the RBD (Rados Block Device) and the Ceph filesystem do striping
over RADOS objects.

RADOS itself doesn't stripe and the RADOS gateway is a almost 1:1
mapping of pools and objects.

Wido