Re: Delayed inode operations not doing the right thing with enospc

On 07/14/2011 03:27 AM, Christian Brunner wrote:
> 2011/7/13 Josef Bacik <josef@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Is there a solution for this?
>>>
>>> I'm running a 2.6.38.8 kernel with all the btrfs patches from 3.0rc7
>>> (except the pluging). When starting a ceph rebuild on the btrfs
>>> volumes I get a lot of warnings from block_rsv_use_bytes in
>>> use_block_rsv:
>>>

>> Ok I think I've got this nailed down.  Will you run with this patch and make sure the warnings go away?  Thanks,
>
> I'm sorry, I'm still getting a lot of warnings like the one below.
>
> I've also noticed, that I'm not getting these messages when the
> free_space_cache is disabled.

Ok I see what's wrong, our checksum calculation is completely bogus.
I'm in the middle of something big so I can't give you a nice clean
patch, so if you can just go into extent-tree.c and replace
calc_csum_metadata_size with this you should be good to go

static u64 calc_csum_metadata_size(struct inode *inode, u64 num_bytes)
{
        struct btrfs_root *root = BTRFS_I(inode)->root;
        int num_leaves;
        int num_csums;
        u16 csum_size =
                btrfs_super_csum_size(&root->fs_info->super_copy);

        num_csums = (int)div64_u64(num_bytes, root->sectorsize);
        num_leaves = (int)((num_csums * csum_size) / root->leafsize);

        return btrfs_calc_trans_metadata_size(root, num_leaves);
}

Thanks,

Josef