about clientreplay with lots of clients

hi all:

      when MDS is to restart , it will replay journal, and client will
replay 'unsafe requests' that have replyed from that MDS while the
metadata change maybe have not been writen to disk actually.
      I have a question that if there are many clients, how ceph keeps
consistence? because multiple clients may operate on the same file,
just like one to create a file and another to delete it.
      And how the ceph deal with such a situation that one or more
clients fail in the process of clientsreplay ? once it happen, the
whole system may be untrusty.
      if we have hundreds and thousands of clients , does it may take
a long time to recover?