Re: As with ceph database to store

On 07/13/2011 12:39 PM, biyan chen wrote:
Hi everyone, I want to ask next ceph whether can be used as a mass
sqlite small database of storage?

Ceph direct sharing as the database of storage space is whether
foreseeable problem?

Thanks! I haven't made specific test!!!!! Was underway

As it happens to be, I have been investigating the same thing in the past few days. Sqlite and rados seems to be a very natural combination. Sqlite's and rados' architecture seem to provide hooks to make it possible. Things to consider / look into:

* where to put the "backend" split, i.e., at the btree or pager level, or just implement a rados-sqlite's vfs. * increase the max #pages in a DB "file" to 48 or 64 bits (otherwise it's limited to "just" 140 TB)
* how to improve concurrency (distributed shared-memory, etc.)
* a distributed locking service (chubby-like)

Cheers,

Rutger