Re: Question: How does Ceph go from filename to object?

I've read the thesis, but not the papers! Didn't even know they existed...
I just looked them over, there's a lot of overlap with the thesis, I'm
still not sure how everything works.
If someone could outline/clarify the process (for example in a
numbered list of steps) I would be very grateful. I'll still go over
the papers in detail - I just find the papers and thesis a little
confusing on this.
I'd say the definitive source for this would be the actual code, but I
have neither the time nor the experience with C++ to be able to go
over it...

btw, thanks for the links :P