Re: mds sync wrlock

On Jun 29, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> Ah. Each directory has a lot of different locks protecting different pieces of state. Here, the only write lock that is being held for the creates in dir b is the nestlock, which protects the rstats (recursive stats). Generally that lock shouldn't block creates though. How long does your test take to run?
> Since the lock says it's flushing I wonder if there's something else going on that's hurting your OSD performance and stalling it out.
>
> I'll see if I can reproduce it locally.

I reproduced this locally and talked it over with Sage. The problem was just an unwise strategy for dealing with cache coherency that we applied a fairly simple fix for. It's in master on commit 310032ee8128f6417ac302c0f5ecd27c691cbcc7, which you should be able to cherry-pick if you wish. :)
-Greg--