samba of Ceph

Dear Brian and Gregory,
Thanks for your information about samba of Ceph.
I am trying to use a Ceph client to mount Ceph DFS(/mnt/cephfs/) and
set up a samba server to share the mount point(/mnt/cephfs/) to
Windows 2008 AD.
(Yes, I would like to integrate Windows Active Directory with a samba
server which is also a Ceph client)
However, I encountered one problem while doing so......><
I cannot write or upload files via samba although the read function is OK.
Originally, I think I can fix it by changing /etc/fstab/ settings
like...... "monitor_IP:/ Â Â Â /mnt/cephfs/ Â Â Âbtrfs
defaults,acl  Â1 2"
But it's not working.......and I don't know how to solve this acl
problem at all.......
Brian said he is working on this. Does that mean I cannot just set up
a samba server to share a Ceph mount point to Windows AD now?
Maybe I have to wait until the function of re-export samba is finished?
Thanks for your kindness to reply~~^^

2011/6/1 Brian Chrisman <brchrisman@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Gregory Farnum <gregf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Sylar Shen <kimulaaa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi Gregory,
> >> Thanks for your information very much!
> >> By the way, the test of re-exporting NFS I did worked not bad.
> >> And I am wondering since Ceph can re-export NFS, then can Ceph
> >> re-export SAMBA that connects to windows?
> > We don't have a samba re-export functionality, although you can just
> > run samba on a Ceph mount if you like. And I think bchrisman is
> > working on one, but you'd have to ask him about that. :)
>

> Richard Sharpe and I have a VFS layer integrating Ceph (libceph) with
> Samba that is just a stone's throw from basic functionality.
> Current status:
> mount/init, stat, opendir, readdir, and a few other operations are working.
> We're chasing down what appears to be a few smaller problems related
> to read/write.
> We've also used to the acl_xattr module to avoid doing a bunch of acl
> translations, though we could probably hit that in a second pass.
> One future critical issue here is going to be the caching mechanism
> and how it works with Samba's process model (process per connection).
> This merits a discussion about how multiple libceph clients will work
> together when run on the same host.
>
> > -Greg
> > --

Best Regards,