Re: question about ceph messaging protocol

Hi Sage,

> It may be we didn't anticipate a situation where your acceptor has the
> connection but it is idle/closed and doesn't notice. ÂMaybe sending a
> keepalive in this situation is what is needed?
>
> How are you hitting this situation?

Sorry I should have made it clear. I did not hit this. I was just
reading the messenger source code (and the wiki page) and wondering in
what circumstance the initiator would get the RETRY tag.

The comment in the acceptor says it could be "// old attempt, or we
accepted and they didn't get the READY message". I don't know if it
would happen at all. However, once it happened, I suspect whether the
initiator should take the peer's connect_seq and INCREMENT one.
Otherwise, when the initiator reconnects, the acceptor would think
it's the case of connection race instead of reconnecting and leads to
unexpected result.

--
Henry