Re: Document and example for libceph, librbd and librados

2011/5/4 Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 22:22 +0800, tsk wrote:
>> 2011/5/4 Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi,

>> > What kind of examples are you looking for? In the Ceph git repository
>> > there is:
>> >
>> > * rados.cc (The rados tool)
>> > * testradospp.cpp
>> > * testrbdpp.cpp
>>
>> Thx!
>> I have run over these test code yet, ÂI think they are useful for me.
>>
>> Hmm, Is there any simple application example for these library?
>
> What kind of example are you looking for? I think everything you are
> searching for is in the testradospp/testrbdpp files, those really show
> what you can do.
>
> Could you explain what you are trying to achieve/write?
>
> Wido

I have an application which is decided to be achieved by ceph, which
is the most suitable. But there are some requirements I don't know how
to satisfy with the ceph libs:

There will be almost 10000 big file, each may be 10G~500G. Kernel
client will not be used, instead, a user space process will handle
read and write requests for each file via using the libs of ceph.
Because this will bypass the kernel VFS, and should get better
performance.

Problem I want to issue:
1.   I need to set size of replicas for each file. e.g 1 replica for A
file, 2 for B file, 3 for C file.etc.
I think I should create several pools, each with a different replica
size. File for different replica size should be drop into the
corresponding pool. Is that workable?

2.   Snapshot should be able to create, delete, list, rollback for each file.
Which APIs should I use in libceph, librbd and librados?

3.   The user space process and the cosd process will run on the same
host. To lower the network utilization, force-feeding will be used. I
guess reading performance may be better when do this, is it right? I
need to confirm this.  How to configure the force-feeding optionï In
the libs or the CRUSH map?

Thanks very much!