kernel errors, timeouts and qemu-img usage

Hi @all,

I got some errors after compiling an configuring ceph on Scientific Linux 6. ( This works all fine with no errors)

First of all I want to explain my Systems:

Server0-3:

- Scientific Linux 6:
  - Self compiled Kernel 2.6.38.4 from Kernel.org with ceph-modules
  - 4 partitions:
    - /           <---  20 GB - ext4
    - /srv/cloud  <---  20 GB - ext4
    - /dev/sda5   <---   1 GB - ext4   ceph journaling system
    - /dev sda6   <---  50 GB - ext4   ceph fs mounted to /mnt/data

I didn't use brtfs, because ext4 is an requirement of my professor (I'm writing my bachelor thesis)

My ceph.conf:  http://pastebin.com/vdwfHNy3

- 3 OSD
- 2 MDS
- 3 Monitors

---------------------------

Now to my errors I got.

First I alwas get on  ceph -w following "error":

"[WRN] message from mon2 was stamped 12.271440s in the future clocks not synchronized"

But i have synchronized my clocks 1 min befor with the same ntp-server..

----------------------------

The second error is, that I can't create / start an qemu-image on the ceph-filesystem. I want to start a kvm virtual machine with the virt-manager.

I create an image with

  "qemu-img create -f qcow2 Platte-qcow2.img 10G"

When I chose those image an want to start a virtual machine with that image. The virtual machine never starts. It hangs on look for the "harddisk"

Creating an Image with virt-manager doesn't work. There is after 2-3 minutes a timout and I have to kill the virt-manager job.

Are there some experiences with this?

-----------------------------

The third error I got is the following shown in the /var/log/messages file:

http://pastebin.com/dnwVRf5F

Are those timeouts normal?

-----------------------------

The last error I got for today is the following:

http://pastebin.com/UmrCRuhq

This happend when I was creating a dummy file with:

  dd if=/dev/zero of=meineDatei count=5000000

I hope it's not too much errors in one message, but I want to show them all in one email for the better look if depending to each other ;)

Thanks for you help.

With best regards,

Christoph Raible

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier, Dr. Arno Steitz, Dr. Ingrid Zech