Question about librados

Hello,

I'm in the progress of evaluating librados as an object store. I'm using Debian's latest packages as of today, and noted that I need to define NO_ATOMIC_OPS to get something compiled that includes librados.hpp.

My actual question: is there a requirement/optimum on the relation between number of objects and number of pools? Or may this be chosen to be something completely arbitrary? I.e., is it a problem to have a couple of hundred IoCtxs active in one process? What is a reasonable/performance-wise-good object-size?

TIA,

Rutger