Re: NFS of Gluster and Ceph

Sylar:
Did you run this using Ceph's FUSE or in-kernel client? If this is on cfuse, the results don't surprise me -- it's not very well optimized!
If this is using the kernel client, I'd expect much faster results on the buffered write test -- I think speeds approaching the network interface limits are more typical.
What level of replication are you using, and what does your network look like? Is it possible that a switch or router is limiting your total throughput?

On the dsync run, those results look about right -- you could probably get higher bandwidths by using a larger block size but synchronous IO is just slow over all network filesystems.

On a different note, you might want to try with a larger test set -- 100,000 8KB blocks is only 781MB, which should fit in RAM with room to spare. :)
-Greg
Hi,