Re: cosd multi-second stalls cause "wrongly marked me down"

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 11:51 -0700, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Jim Schutt wrote:

> > > Can you confirm that the chdir is working now?  Maybe put an assert(0) in
> > > tick() so we can verify core dumps are working in general?
> >
> > Great idea, and chdir is definitely working; got 96 core
> > files as expected.
>
> Can you put an assert(0) at the top of OSD::shutdown() so we can verify
> that the OSD isn't trying to shut itself down cleanly?  (There are a few
> cases where it might do that.)  The logs you had make it look a bit like
> that could be the case.  Or that it is crashing in an unpleasant way in
> the messenger pipe teardown.

No luck there.  Dead OSDs, but no core files.

FWIW, I've got a patch for init-ceph that lets
me run every daemon instance under valgrind and
log its output to a separate file.  I could try
that if you think it might be useful.

Things run pretty slowly that way, so if there's
other testing you'd like me to try I should do
it first.

-- Jim