Re: C++ api for librados 0.25

On 02/23/2011 11:11 PM, Colin McCabe wrote:
> Here is the proposed C++ API for librados 0.25.
> The main changes are that I created class Pool, class Snap, and the
> ObjectIterator interface.

I like the idea of a more OO interface. This will allow easily
stacking librbd on top of librados, eliminating the need for a
separate librbd pool type.

I have a couple suggestions:

- The pool_t parameters in the self-managed snap methods can be
  removed, since they're part of the Pool class.

- The aio_read/write functions can be members of Pool instead of
  having a pool_t parameter.

- aio_create_completion could be moved into Pool since it's only
  used within the context of a pool. (librbd would need this unless
  Pool had a get_rados method).

Also, what is the constructor Pool(Rados *rados_, pool_t *pool_)
intended to be used for? I don't see a method to get a pool_t from
this API.

-Josh Durgin