Re: Odd "data used" reporting behavior by ceph -w

Hi Greg,

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 17:44 -0700, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> Jim:
> It's been a while, but I started looking into this again a couple days
> ago.

Great, thanks.

> The file deletion being slow is something we've decided to push
> back after 1.0, since it doesn't really seem like a serious issue. The
> other two problems we wanted to solve, though, and I think we've
> succeeded. I was unable to reproduce your problem with ls on recent
> branches, and just pushed a fix for the slow dd-truncate-dd to both
> the master and stable branches. When you get the chance, please test
> one of those out and let me know if you still see issues like this.

I've just lightly tested current stable branch, commit 0f3198e8c63.

For me both problems seem to still exist.

I'm running 4 osds per host on 4 hosts, 1 mon, 1 mds, 64 clients.

For me a "ls" on the file system root from one of
the clients still doesn't complete until the dd commands
running on each client complete.

Also, it is still true for me if I truncate all the files
to zero from one of the clients, then write them again,
one file per client, that second set of writes goes very
slow.

Am I maybe testing the wrong commit?

-- Jim