Re: xtreemfs

Based on what I've read, Tahoe-LAFS would be suitable for use in a WAN
environment. (I've never tested it out, though.)

The main idea behind Tahoe-LAFS seems to be "well, we've got these
remote servers that we don't really trust completely. Can we use them
for storage?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahoe_Least-Authority_Filesystem

Ceph is designed for a different environment than xtreemfs or Tahoe.

cheers,
Colin