Re: Very basic problems on my CEPH testbed

Hi,

There was a recent osd journaling bug fix that is
in the testing branch of
  git://ceph.newdream.net/git/ceph.git

It should be in v0.24.2 when it is released,
according to http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/666.

I experienced frequent hangs on large writes
until this bug was fixed.

The obvious manifestation of this bug was that
osds would assert like this:
  FAILED assert(repop_queue.front() == repop)

However, I also experienced hangs during heavy
writing where the osds would go idle and clients
had outstanding write requests that never completed.
I was never able to isolate the cause, but I haven't
seen that behavior since this bug was fixed.

-- Jim