Re: crashed+down+peering

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010, Christian Brunner wrote:

> >> The pg isn't active, so any IO will hang until peering completes.  What
> >> version of the code are you running?  If it's something from unstable
> >> from the last couple of weeks it's probably related to problems there;
> >> please upgrade and restart the osds.  If it's the latest and greatest
> >> 'rc', we should look at the logs to see what's going on!
> >
> > We are running 0.23 - I will upgrade to the latest 'rc' tomorrow.
>
> Upgrading to the latest rc version worked well. Everything is working
> again and all, except one pg are "active+clean". However there is one
> pg marked as "active+clean+inconsistent".
>
> What can I do about an inconsistent group? I general a short
> description of the possible pg states would be helpful.

If a scrub detects an issue it marks the PG inconsistent.  THe idea is you
can then do

 # ceph pg repair 1.123

to re-scrub and repair.  Make sure you have the latest 'rc' before you do
that, though, as I just fixed an issue there yesterday.  And keep in mind
the repair code is not well tested.  You may want to re-scrub first (ceph
pg scrub 1.123) and watch the log (ceph -w) to see what the inconsistency
actually is.

sage