Re: Two patches for ceph-client-standalone

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Henry C Chang wrote:
> Hi Sage,
>
> There are two patches on our github for the ceph-client-standalone.
> Would you also help to take a look at them?
>
> 1. http://github.com/tcloud/ceph-client-standalone/commit/121810874701393756dc21e4415e9ccf0dfb3b06
>
> This is another mistake about list_* function series.

Great, fixed this to ceph-client.git.  That's the third one of these now!
:)

> 2. http://github.com/tcloud/ceph-client-standalone/commit/2c9c3cf2a9234b6b7a2b7e7ee12441d5a82bfb69
>
> We are using kernel 2.6.32. I am not sure whether all kernel<2.6.35
> have the same behavior.
> We hit this bug when re-exporting ceph via NFS. The NFS client can
> mount ceph successfully,
> but when copying in a file, NULL pointer exception occurs.
>
> We found that when ceph_dir_fsync(struct file *file, struct dentry
> *dentry, int datasync) is called,
> the "file" pointer passed in is NULL. Thus, we use "dentry" to get the
> inode ptr instead of using "file".

Yeah, your fix looks good.  It should apply to all versions prior to the
API change (.35?).  Applied this to ceph-client-standalone.git.  Compile
tested on .27 to .35.

> BTW, could you backport recent patches in ceph-client to
> ceph-client-standalone?

I've updated the master and master-backport branches.  The unstable branch
includes the code refactor into multiple modules (libceph, ceph, and rbd),
which will require some reorganization and changes to my update scripts.

Thanks!
sage