Re: rbd create command fails to create image

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Xiaoguang Liu <syslxg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried both ways. none of them worked.
>
> BTW, Yehuda said the new class should be v1.2. why I saw 1.0.0 in the
> error message:

> Could not detect class name.

The 1.0.0 is the shared object version number, not really related to
the class version. This should work:

 $ ceph class add -i /usr/lib64/rados-classes/libcls_rbd.so.1.0.0 rbd 1.2 x86-64

We do need to find some better solution for cases where the binaries
are stripped. Currently we avoid stripping all the symbols that have
__cls inside and we encode the class name and version there, e.g.:
0000000000209734 B __cls_name__rbd
0000000000209730 B __cls_ver__1_2

Then we run the cclsinfo script on the binary and it gets the class
name and version out of the shared object, along with the architecture
it was compiled on. We'd like to be able to keep all the different
classes for the different architecture in the same place.
Probably another solution that doesn't require all this hackery will
just hold the class name and version in the shared object filename
and we'll put the shared objects under a subdir per architecture.

Yehuda