Re: mds crash on snaptest-2

the test still fails with ceph.git/unstable from today. now cmds doesn't
exit anymore. But after a half an hour the test kills itself because of a
timeout (normal running time is about 10 minutes).

- Thomas

PS: found out that vstart.sh places logs in subdir "out" too. so tell me
if you need some of them.
Yes, I've been working on this for some time now. If you try the test
on a single MDS it should work fine with the latest git, but there are
some deeper issues going on with an MDS cluster that we're having a
hard time isolating in a way that lets us fix it. It appears we might
need to rework our snapshot inode handling a bit and Sage has asked me
to move on.

I'd recommend doing your testing on a single MDS (if using vstart:
CEPH_NUM_MDS=1 ./vstart -- this also works for _OSD and _MON) system
until we say that we expect the MDS cluster to work under more
circumstances.

i'm always starting just one daemon. my test script sets these vars before calling "vstart.sh":

export CEPH_NUM_MON=1
export CEPH_NUM_OSD=1
export CEPH_NUM_MDS=1

last known good rev was ae82dd5a5c964bb310a5512d10d1e062cbb0c1a5 on July 8 - with this rev the test was working fine.

i've also tried to compile with "-O0" to run it with gdb (not that i'm a gdb expert..) - but the binaries failed to start (ok back then it was bit late ...)

- Thomas