Re: Linux 2.6.35-rc5

On Wed, Jul 14, 11:46, Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub wrote:
> > Thanks. In order to compile e.g. the master branch of this repo,
> > one has to replace fs/ceph dir of the kernel tree by the checked-out
> > copy of the ceph-client-standalone repo. Is that correct?
>
> That's one option, although for older kernels you wouldn't have the
> fs/ceph directory and you'll also have to update the fs/Kconfig file.
> Another option for building the standalone is just running 'make
> KERNELDIR=<yourkerneldir>'  inside your ceph-client-standalone tree.
>

> > Another question: How do I tell which kernel version is compatible with
> > any of the the various branches of the ceph-client-standalone repo?
>
> The backport branches currently support 2.6.28 and up.

Excellent. That's actually good news for us because some of our
server machines will be running a distro 2.6.32 kernel for the next
two years. With the backport branches it should be easy to create
and load a ceph kernel module on these servers that allows to mount
the native cephfs rather that re-exporting it over NFS.

Thanks
Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe