Re: CEPH distributed filesystem on two sites

On Monday, July 12, 2010 01:59:38 pm Roland Rabben wrote:
> Have there been any work to get CEPH working with two datacenters?

We've talked about it on irc in the past. It's not really what ceph was
designed for, but given sufficient bandwidth between the DCs it should work.

In your particular situation if 1 DC was disconnected but not down, you could
have an issue if things changed in both locations. You would also have an
issue if connectivity was lost because ceph would try to replicate things up
to 3x at both sites.

> I would like to have two copies of a file at site 1 and a third copy
> at site two.

That should be achievable.

> And would you be able to continue running with one of the sites down?

Well, taking into consideration the things I already mentioned, you should
continue to have access to the filesystem.