Re: IPv6 Status

Hi Matthew,

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Matthew Roy wrote:
> On 2009-10-02 there was a commit "use sockaddr_storage; and some ipv6
> support groundwork" but I can't find any references to IPv6 support
> being completed. Did that commit actually complete IPv6 support or are
> more changes still required?
>
> Commit diff:
> http://ceph.newdream.net/git/p=ceph.git;a=commitdiff;h=dd732cbfc1c92f0d8dba2743a979baad6685a98c;hp=18b3bfc5650be6584c5c95fce447fa66fb918a83

I think all the basic groundwork is there.  The entity_addr_t type used
throughout contains a sockaddr_storage, which can hold either ipv4 or ipv6
addresses, and that commit updated the parsing function to handle v6
address syntax.

The last step is just to update msg/SimpleMessenger.cc to actually bind or
connect an ipv6 socket.  It should be pretty straightforward to fix the
various places in the bind(), accept(), and connect() methods to do that,
particularly if you already have v6 networking set up in your
environment.

sage