Re: Questions about a possible Ceph setup

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Michal Humpula wrote:
> > > About more then one OSD on one machine, is there a way how you can bind
> > > an OSD to a specific IP? Can't seem to find any configuration for this.
> > >
> > > I assume you will need one IP per OSD on that machine?
> >
> > Not currently via the .conf, only via the --bind 1.2.3.4:123 command line
> > argument.  Adding a bug for this.
>
> Is that one IP per cosd daemon really necessary?  I'm currently running four
> osd nodes, two disk/cosd per each with single IP per node. So far it seems
> working:)

Oh sorry, I misunderstood the question.  You can force the daemon to bind
to a specific IP/port, but that's not necessary.

Normally the non-monitor daemons will just pick a random port (in the
6800-6900 range) and identify themselves as whatever IP is used when
contacting the monitor.  The monitors are the only daemons that have to
bind to a specific well-known port (whatever you specify in ceph.conf).

sage