Re: Replacing DRBD use with RBD

>> There is a heartbeat mechanism withing the mon cluster, and it's being
>> used for the monitors to keep track of their peer status. It might be a
>> good idea to add different configurable types of heartbeats.
>
> Yes, specifically, I meant by using some of the techniques that the
> heartbeat project uses:
>
> http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Heartbeat
>
> Ideally (my suggestion,) they would make some of them available in a
> library so that other projects like RADOS could use them independently
> without having to rewrite them from scratch.

IMHO Heartbeat is not developed anymore. the new thing (some parts
derived from Heartbeat) is pacemaker/corosync . It is/will be standard on
RH (Fedora,EL), SuSE , Ubuntu and Debian.

I'm not a developter but IMHO ceph could(/should?) take advantage from
these projects to not reinvent the wheel. ;)

- Thomas

* http://www.clusterlabs.org
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corosync_%28project%29
* http://www.openais.org