Re: I have a question about the 389 ds

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Whitney, Matthew <mwhitney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't believe there is a VNC client out there that will get its settings from an LDAP server. You could, however, write a wrapper script that would do a lookup on the user's id and return the attributes you're looking for, then pass them to the VNC command.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Thanks.

Do you mean that it is possbile that the  vnc geometry  attribute  integrated  in that LDAP Server ?
But I googling for a long time and  have nothing useful information about it ..

Sent from my Android Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "sync" <jiannma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Aug 23, 2010 6:49 pm
Subject: I have a question about the 389 ds
Cc: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi ,all :

 I am a newbie to here and I also install the 389 ds in  our company for
managering all users account  and passwd .

Today , The boss asked  me if the ds could set the users vnc screen geometry
in the config file .
Because the user's computer screen is not the same and have different
geometries.

If it could , then we were happy that can solve the user's vnc problem .

Then , I try to search it via Googling , but have not search the useful
information about it yet .

I know we can use the ds to set the uid or home directory and so on ,
can the 389 ds do it ?Or maybe add some atrributes ?

Could someone give me some suggestions about it ?

Thanks in advance ~