Re: Remote nautilus, X display forwarding problem

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Remote nautilus, X display forwarding problem

*snipped*

For some reason, now I can just SSH -X in and then start Nautilus.
This was _not_ working earlier, which is why I hit google and found
the "display" playthings. Maybe I was forgetting the -X (I don't have
a history to check, arh!). I don't know, but it works now.

Thanks, sorry for the noise.

If you ran the following from bash:

✈dcl:~$ xhost + localhost
localhost being added to access control list
✈dcl:~$ ssh -X user@xxxxxxxxxx

There should be a file in your dcl home directory, called .bash_history . Each command you type at the bash prompt will be saved to that file, including any command line options.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net