Re: Introduction and request for help with virtualization

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Christoph Maser <cmaser@xxxxxx> wrote:
> When I start this script from the SSH terminal it starts but I cannot
> see anything being installed.  I entered the virsh console and see the
> calcnode01 entry if I do a list.  If I try to connect using virsh I do
> not see anything.  The kickstart was created from the anaconda file
> created from the manual installation. I enabled the options to create
> the filesystems.
>
> I think the installation is waiting on some input but I cannot see any
> console.  I have tried with and without the "console=ttyS0" option.
>
> Thank you everyone for your time.

Kevin,

since you use --vnc the console of the vurtual machine is using vnc, you
can use virt-manager or virt-viewer to atttach a graphical console.

James and Cristoph:
   Thank you. It appears that it was a combination of the vnc option and virt-manager.

   In virt-manager I can see the console boot messages. I do not see the installation itself.

   I attached with VNC and then have see the installation.

   I will try now removing the vnc directive. To troubleshoot is now easier being able to see what is happening.

Thank you again
KC