Re: wget and resulting filenames with mirror option

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, R P Herrold wrote:

From: R P Herrold <herrold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  wget and resulting filenames with mirror option

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

Anyone know a way around this? I am using the mirror option so I don't
have to keep track of what to get making it simple.

my apology in advance for suggesting another tool, but, there
you are ...

What about rsync ?

rsync(1)

NAME
       rsync — a fast, versatile, remote (and local) file-copying tool

SYNOPSIS

       Access via remote shell:
         Pull: rsync [OPTION...] [USER@]HOST:SRC... [DEST]
         Push: rsync [OPTION...] SRC... [USER@]HOST:DEST

       Access via rsync daemon:
         Pull: rsync [OPTION...] [USER@]HOST::SRC... [DEST]
rsync [OPTION...] rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/SRC... [DEST]
         Push: rsync [OPTION...] SRC... [USER@]HOST::DEST
rsync [OPTION...] SRC... rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/DEST

       Usages  with  just  one  SRC  arg and no DEST arg will list the source
       files instead of copying.

DESCRIPTION
       Rsync is a fast and extraordinarily versatile file copying  tool.   It
       can  copy  locally,  to/from  another  host  over any remote shell, or
       to/from a remote rsync daemon.  It offers a large number  of  options
       that  control  every  aspect  of its behavior and permit very flexible
       specification of the set of files to be copied.  It is famous for  its
       delta-transfer  algorithm,  which reduces the amount of data sent over
       the network by sending only the differences between the source files

Regards

Keith