Re: HOWTO - Install HP PSP On CentOS 5

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:47 PM, JohnS <jses27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's the purpose of this?  Is there an rpm that triggers something
after this step?  I'm just curious about it and would like to try it but
I have no Proliant to test on.

Sorry, you are right this is a part of the document I should explain some. The HP OpenIPMI package compiles a kernel driver and it looks for the config and autoconf.h files in the kernel source directory. There may be a better way of doing this.

I think what I really want to know is why use make oldconfig when you
might have 30 more hp machines to use it on with diff hardware unless
there are the same. Admin preference I guess.

As for deploying on multiple machines again you are right, that does pose an issue. I am not an experienced admin so I may just be going about things the wrong way. I just decided to throw the information out there as I was unable to find any better documentation and wanted to help others who run in to the same issue.

On another list I'm told there is a newer HP PSP version that comes with an installer so all this may be moot.

Thank you for the reply though.
-Brandon