Re: Package Distribution Server?

If you set up a big number of workstations (my pain shreshold woud probably be around 20), or if you have hard requirements that the workstations are really equal in patch level you should maybe consider a Spacewalk server:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk

regards
Jens Neu

Health Services Network Administration

Zhihao Lou <lzh1984@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

06/04/2010 05:28 AM

Please respond to
CentOS mailing list <centos@xxxxxxxxxx>

centos@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Package Distribution Server?

Dear List,

I'm trying to set up a lab with multiple workstations running CentOS
5. Does anybody knows how to keep the packages in sync among
workstations? Ideally I want any change made on any machine be able to
applied to all other machines. Alternatively, to "push" the changes
(add and/or remove packages) from one central server to all other
machine is also fine.

Thanks

Zhihao Lou

P.S.: Sorry for the confusion subject line. I really don't know what's
the accurate name for the feature I described here.