Unable to execute a script , Permission denied

Hi

I have a linux box which has CentOS running in it. I logged into the box
using root and wrote a script in the /home/proc_threads directory. saved
the file and quit. I changed the file permissions such that any user
could execute it using the "chmod 777 filename" command.

When i log out and log in as a non-root user i was not able to execute
the script though.

Could some one please help in this regard. I am a newbie to linux.

Thanks
Jatin