Re: Mounting LVM disk

Todd Denniston wrote:
Weiner, Michael wrote, On 05/24/2010 11:38 AM:

Todd Denniston, On Monday, May 24, 2010 11:15 AM

BTW had your support contract ran out with Dell/RH?

We do have support on the box, but don't purchase a RHEL license and we
run CentOS instead

you might get lucky with a vgscan or lvmdiskscan, however my bet is on

having to put all the drives

back in a perc array.

I will try the lvmdiskscan, but vgscan only sees the currently running
disk. Problem is, if I put it back into the Perc then it will want to
'initialize' it which I believe will do a low level format :(

With the Dell support, you could call Dell and ask how they expect the Perc to work with the disk
upon reinsertion.
Should at least letup your nerves.

I also suspect that you will need to ensure each drive is plugged into the same original controller port. Otherwise it may try to stripe data across two incompatible drives (not an original pair) and thus bye bye data.
begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen
n:Kampen;Rob
email;internet:rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx