Re: CentOS 5.4 off-center on SuperMicro console

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a weird situation with a new installation of CentOS 5.4 x64, on a
> SuperMicro X7SBI server. The server has a <a href="">> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon3000/3210/X7SBi.cfm"
> target="_new">SuperMicro X7SBi motherboard</a>,  board ATI ES1000 and
> Core2Quad Q9505 CPU. The kernel is
>
> When I login to the console, using a "17 CRT monitor (haven't tested
> others), the screen is off-center to the right. This happens as soon as
> the boot loaders gets to:

Sounds like a manual adjustment of the monitor. It may have something to
do with it not probing correctly, with the KVM in the way.

     mark

Mark, not at all. The other 3 servers, running CentOS on different hardware works fine. I also has Fedora Core 11 on this particular server a few hours ago, which also worked fine. If you look at the first photo then you'll see the load booting fine, but then it shifts to the right. Adjusting the monitor makes no difference, and taking out the KVM has no effect either.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com