[Fwd: Re: iptables]

--- Begin Message ---
cahit Eyigünlü a écrit :
how could i add / remove iptable rules on cet os 5.4 final for tcp / udp base on ports

If you don't want to mess with iptables, take a look at the firewall configuration tool system-config-securitylevel-tui. I think there's a graphical app also, but I've never used it. If you only need to open/close ports on a tcp/udp basis, this tool will do the job.

Right now looking for an example. In my own documentation, I have some screenshots of the tool. Here, for example (second screenshot), opening port 67 for UDP requests :

http://www.microlinux.fr/doc_en_stock/dhcp.html

Or here (first screenshot), opening port 53 for both TCP and UDP requests :

http://www.microlinux.fr/doc_en_stock/dns.html

If you want more complicated stuff, you'll have to dive into iptables, though.

Cheers,

Niki

--- End Message ---