Re: X Servers xorg.conf file changing.

Don Krause wrote:
On Apr 21, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Don Krause wrote:

On Apr 21, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Ned Slider wrote:

Don Krause wrote:

Twice now over the past year, I've had something edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file without user intervention.

Sorry, should have been a little more clear. It's configuration is locked as is, unless a critical bug is found that affects our operation. As such, no updates have been applied since it was approved for use.

One other note:

It appears that this is happening when one of the three monitors fails, or has a problem with it's DVI cable.

Is it possible that the X server itself is rewriting the config file trying to create a startable version?

Certainly - I've had this occur on odd occasions - Xorg is an unusual beast and I understand it has been going through some significant changes.
--
Don Krause
Head Systems Geek,

begin:vcard