Re: CentOS installation on x86 platform

Hi Hadi,

I think it could be one of these things:

* Boot device priority: you should check that CDRom is the first one (it isnt that probable because you have already booted from CD at least one)
* CD reader broken: you should try with another CD, to see if it works
* CD broken: you should try in another computer to see if it works

AFAIK should be one of those things, beacause if Windows have any error reading the disk format, it should be pointed in the install process, I mean, you don't even have to have a disk connected to '''try''' to install it

Regarding the VM software in Linux (desktop), you have VirtualBox and VMWare. For most things that I do, I prefer VirtualBox, because its in the repositories and much faster to install:

 yum install VirtualBox

Bye,
Andres

Thank you very much for your reply . Please be informed that :
-Boot device priority is ok , as I checked it on BIOS CMOS
- CD drive is ok , as it can read other CDs
- Windows installation CD is ok , as it can be installed on other platforms
I tried to install VirtualBox/VMWare on my CentOS but it didn't get through . I don't know exactly if it comes from wrong repository on my CentOS or it comes from the fact that I am trying from IRAN and it is prohibited for my country domain. Please help me and show me other alternatives.