Re: Recover RAID

Thank you John.  The thing is my data was not overwritten, corrupted, etc.  Some was, but I know which parts.  Basically, I just cleared the file system designation.  So if a file is 64K, does the first 32K on drive 1 contain the first half of the file and the first 32K on drive 2 contain the second half, or are the 32 size chunks on random locations?

Thanks,
Jeff

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeff Sadino wrote:
> I have access to all of the HEX data on each drive, and I now which
> sector each stripe starts at.  Is there any way that I can reconstruct
> my data from that?  When a file gets split up in RAID0, does the
> controller use the same sectors on each stripe to write the file parts?

if a raid0 has a stripe size of 32k, then every other 32k is written on
one drive, and every other 32k is written on the next drive.

if you lose one drive, then every other 32k of your file system is wiped
out, gone, kaput.      its like taking a 12-gauge shotgun to your data
and directory information.