Re: what causes CUPS to dis-enable a printer?

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After I manually (use lprm) remove the print jobs, and set the printer
to Enabled, then the print queue will start working again.

Me too, but even stranger, I do not remove the print jobs and they print fine as soon as I enable the printer again. This is usually after a power outage or some temporary problem with the main print server. For some reason client cups instances get offended by the server and disable the printer. Then after I fix the real problem, I have to go around re-enabling printers on all the clients.

Would it (should it) eventually notice that the server is back and re-enable itself just as automatically as it disabled itself?

Dave

--
Q: Why should this email be 5 sentences or less?