Re: disk I/O problems with LSI Logic RAID controller

nate wrote:

> Perhaps RAID 6, as I've never heard of RAID 5 with two parity (two
> parity is dual parity which is RAID 6).

Forgot to mention my own personal preference on my high end SAN at
least is for RAID 5 with a 3:1 parity ratio, or a max of 5:1 or 6:1,
really never higher than that unless activity is very low.

The RAID controllers on my array are the fastest in the industry,
and despite that, in the near future I am migrating to a parity
ratio of 2:1 to get (even)better performance, that brings me to
within about 3-4% of RAID 1+0 performance for typical workloads.

nate