Re: Anyone using Active Driectory auth with Centos 5.4.....?

Point taken and I do understand, in reality I would rather have nothing to do with MS which is insecure from the start, ever try to firewall an SBS 2003 install, good luck, they recommend turning it off, go figure....lol

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This looks like the way to go, I don't like the username /pass stored in plain text but maybe if I create a special group that doesn't really have any privileges this would work, geez AD is just plain bad...lol, Thanks.

I guess you think insecure would be better? If I understand your need, you want
to make AD insecure, so please enable anonymous binds so you don't need a user/pass
to make the query:)

Or program your own auth backend that binds with the intended creds asking for auth:)
Oh, and do this w/o tls/ssl because you want it insecure:)