Re: Advanced fsck?

fsck –fvy  will correct most of the problems without asking everytime to accept the changes to fs.

fsck –cvy will correct and test for bad sectors too (looong time run).

CM

From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of hadi motamedi
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:45 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Advanced fsck?

Dear All
My CentOS server got file system inconsistency , asking for "type Ctrl-D for normal boot or give root password for maintenance to run fsck manually". I tried for manually run fsck , as the followings :
#fsck -s /dev/hda3
But after rebooting the server it will come back again at the similar prompt asking for "give root password for maintenance" . Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I try for advanced fsck to fix the bug?
Thank you