Running Asterisk & Freepbx on readonly Root (Stateless System)

Hi
I am trying to Run AsteriskNow 1.5 which uses Centos 5.3 Distribution
with Readonly Root Filesytem.

Right now if I shutdown the system abrupty or there is power failure linux kernel
doesn't not boot "Kernel panic" and other short of issues.prb due to corrupted files.

Thats why i want to make root filesystem as read-only and placing some directories
/var and /etc/asterisk etc as read/write in fstab so above problem doesn't exists.

Centos Provides fantastic experimental technolyg with only a single line configuration to
root read-only and make it boot /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file

Edting /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root  ->  change READONLY=no to READONLY=yes

I tried but i am not able to run asterisk and freepbx.Linux system boots up properly.
Any one has ever tried this ..Any suggestion how to proceed with.

Thx
Alok