Re: kickstart and logins.def question

Kwan Lowe wrote:
On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Still having issues with this... Here's the relevant line from my kickstart:

    authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enableldap
--enableldapauth --ldapserver=ldapserver.digitalhermit.com
--ldapbasedn=dc=digitalhermit,dc=com --enablecache

And the sed scripts to enable the pieces that don't seem to have a
passable keyword to change:
    %post
    yum -y groupinstall xfce

    sed -i -e "s/^\(USEMKHOMEDIR=\).*$/\1\yes/" /etc/sysconfig/authconfig
    sed -i -e "s/^\(USEPAMACCESS=\).*$/\1\yes/" /etc/sysconfig/authconfig
    sed -i -e "s/^\(USELOCAUTHORIZE=\).*$/\1\yes/" /etc/sysconfig/authconfig

Unfortunately this doesn't work. When I login immediately after the
initial reboot it authenticates properly but complains that the user
home directory does not exist. If I then go in as root and run
system-config-authentication and change one item, it will start
creating the home directories.

<SNIP>

Anyone can shed light on why it does not auto-create the home
directories on initial boot?

I think the issue here is that the change has to be made in both the authconfig file and in the /etc/pam.s/system-auth file. Just changing /etc/sysconfig/authconfig does not do it. You could use something like the following in your kickstart file instead of all the sed commands:

	/usr/sbin/authconfig  --enablemkhomedir --enablelocauthorize \
		--enablepamaccess --update

This will make the changes you specified to /etc/sysconfig/authconfig AND update any other files affected by the change. I'm a lazy bum and it just seems easier and cleaner to me.

Just a thought!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@xxxxxxxxxxxx